Terms of Service
These terms of service (these “Terms”) apply to anyone (either an individual or entity, “you”) who visits this website (“Site”) or uses any of the information, content, tools, or services made available via this Site (collectively with the Site, the “Services”). The Services are provided by Heliogen, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) in accordance with these Terms. By using our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms. Please read carefully.
Using our Services
Using our Services does not give you any ownership, rights of use, or other intellectual property rights in our Services. You may not copy, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works or use any aspect of the Services, without our express written consent. You should not give false or misleading information in connection with setting up an account or your use of the Services. Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with these Terms or if we are investigating suspected misconduct. We do not want to receive information that is confidential or proprietary. If you send us suggestions, content or ideas of any kind, including potential improvements to the Services, we may use such suggestions, content and/or ideas for any or all purposes, with no compensation or attribution to you. You cannot access or scrape the Site by any automated means unless you are a search engine crawling the Site for the sole purpose of creating a publicly accessible search index; or bypass any technical protections or throttling that we institute. You may not use the Services for any revenue-generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purposes other than for personal, non-commercial use, without our express written consent.
Company retains all right, title and interest in the Services, and the intellectual property rights thereto, including without limitation, all technology, processes, enhancements, derivatives, trademarks, service marks, site design, content, text, video, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof. You acknowledge that the Services contain proprietary content, information, and material protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright laws. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without our express written consent.
Third-Party Trademarks and Content
Use of any third party trademarks or third party content on or in connection with the Services does not constitute an affiliation with or endorsement of these third parties. Nothing in the Terms grants you any license to third-party trademarks or content, which shall remain the property of their respective owners.
Social Media and Public Forums
Information you post to a public forum or blog is available to all users. Any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other people for any purpose, including sending you unsolicited information.
We are constantly developing the Services. We may change or discontinue any aspect of the Services without notice or liability to you. In addition, we may change all or part of the Terms at any time. We will post changes to these Terms on the Site. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGED TERMS.
Indemnity, Disclaimers, and Limits on Liability
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, licensors, licensees, agents, and representatives from all liability, claims, costs, damages, settlements, and expenses (including interest, penalties, attorney fees and expert witness fees) arising out of your use of the Services, your failure to comply with this Terms, or your violation of any laws.
- COMPANY PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AND COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, NOR DOES COMPANY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THIS DISCLAIMER IS MADE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- IN NO EVENT WHATSOEVER SHALL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF SALES, PROFIT, REVENUE, GOODWILL, OR DOWNTIME, (ARISING UNDER TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LAW) REGARDLESS OF SUCH PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE OR WHETHER SUCH PARTY KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS, COMPANY IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF ANY SERVICES, COMPANY’S LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED US$100.00.
- These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Company and it replaces any other agreement between us with respect to its subject matter. Aside from the right of Company to make changes, any amendments to the Terms must be in a writing signed by both parties.
- We may freely assign or delegate our rights and obligations under the Agreement, including that, we can assign this agreement to any entity, including in connection with a merger, consolidation or sale of the business.
- Information collected on this website is stored on servers that Company manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services and you do so at your own risk.
- These Terms will not be construed against either party as the drafter.
- These Terms are governed by California law, excluding its choice of laws principles. The exclusive venue for any litigation arising from or related to the Services shall be the courts of Los Angeles County, California, except for any optional arbitration as described next. Excluding claims for equitable relief, either party may elect to resolve the claim through binding arbitration by initiating arbitration through an established provider that is agreed by the parties. The arbitration must be conducted under the following rules: (a) at the choice of the party seeking relief, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, or solely on written submissions; (b) no party or witness will make any personal appearance unless the parties agree otherwise; and (c) the winning party may have the arbitrator’s award entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Any claims (in court or in arbitration) must be brought in the initiating party’s individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any class action or other similar proceedings. These Terms do not allow a class of collective arbitrations even if the arbitration procedures or rules would. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
- If any part of the Terms is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that condition will not affect any other provision of the Terms. A delay or failure to require performance of any provision will not constitute a waiver of any rights and will not impede the ability to enforce that provision later.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Heliogen, Inc., 130 W Union St, Pasadena, CA 91103
Dated: December 2021